Thursday, January 12, 2012

As a short man: Either I have a complex or I am weak!

   Being a short man in today's height worshipping, look oriented society is definitely a difficult thing to deal with; it just seems that no matter what you do or don't do, society will always attach a negative label to you.  These same traits would make society swoon for a taller man.

       As a short man, I have a complex if I: 
  • Work out
  • Drive a nice car or truck
  • Am successful
  • Take charge     
  • Wear lifts in my shoes 
  • Date a taller woman  (because I guess dating her makes me taller somehow)
  • Date a shorter woman  (because I will look taller)
  • Try to play any sport
  • Show any confidence whatsoever (confident short guys are seen as arrogant)
  • Am friends with a taller guy (it makes me a self-hating short guy I guess) 
  • Stand up for myself

      However I am weak if I:

  •   do not work out   
  •    wear regular shoes which don't boost my height (which then invites criticism)
  •    am working in a submissive, subordinate position and show no ambition
  •    don't date anyone
  •    instead of sports, I choose a less physical activity
  •    am shy or withdrawn
  •    am friends with a taller guy (because he is apparently seen as my bodyguard and his size dwarfs me)
  •    am friends with a guy my height (now I am supposedly desperate)
  •    have no friends
  •    don't hit a woman who may deserve it (even though she thinks she can kick my short ass)
  •    don't engage in cofrontation

  As you can see, any action or inaction by a short man  always invites a negative reaction by members of this sorry excuse for society.  This list is just an abbreviation.

  Of course, I scoff at these stupid generalizations made by so many.  These people worship the likes of the Kardashians and kids running around acting like asses on the shores of New Jersey.

   People can label me however they choose but all it will do is motivate me more to fight their prejudicial, judgemental bull shit and I will laugh at them louder and louder the more ridiculous they get!

1 comment:

  1. Only shorter people understand, but hey, I guess all the extra work just makes us a better person if and when some of us may succeed.

    ReplyDelete