Monday, October 26, 2015

Are you depressed because you are short?

Have a look at this commentary from Short Guy Central on an article written about how being short leads to depression.

http://shortguycentral.com/P-69/being-short-makes-you-depressed


I will honestly say that I do get depressed at times but not necessarily because of my short stature but how society treats me based on my stature.

I am quite sick of society and the media trivializing the issue of heightism because it doesn't "compare" to other forms of oppression.  You can't compare what some disparate groups endure with others because it will always differ.  Just because they aren't the same or as extreme doesn't mean that the person or group who experience it aren't adversely affected by it.

Discrimination is wrong when it is directed at any group!

No comments:

Post a Comment