Monday, July 18, 2011

Cyber bullies = cowards

   Just like their brethren, the physical bully, a cyber bully is a coward, even more so because they don't have the cajones to confront their victims face to face.  They use the internet (to cloak their identity), cell phones for texting nasty messages or emails at work to harass their victims. 
  
   Cyber bullying and cyber stalking are pretty pathetic acts when a adolescent partakes in them but they are much more so when full grown adults can't seem to shake their adolescent/pre pubescent inclinations.  They will attack others via the internet, engaging in character assassination, nit picking, name calling like they are five year olds, and spreading lies (doesn't sound like an adult does it?);  all this in a vain effort to empower themselves because they are insecure about their own, unfruitful lives.  Perhaps they need to look at themselves first before they try and dismantle someone else's life.

   Cyber bullies and stalkers are usually mentally unbalanced or psychologically scarred, possibly from years of abuse they have suffered at the hands of other bullies.  Since they more than likely fear physical confrontation, the electronic media becomes their platform.  They will unleash verbal hell at anyone they dislike and all those years of having their feelings suppressed now become expressed and they erupt like a volcano!

   Once this behavior is recognized, that person will more than likely be ignored, which hopefully will result in an end to their attacks or they will, sadly, become even more belligerent.  Sooner or later the attacks will cease, either a good friend will intervene on the bullies behalf and recommend counseling or the bully themselves will just reach a breaking point.

  It is unfortunate that some people feel the only way they can communicate effectively is through constant verbal attacks, when, in reality, those do nothing but indict the character of the attacker.

  Cyber- bullying (as well as physical bullying) must end and, if you engage in it, please stop it!  If you are truly angry at someone, do not blog, send them a nasty text or a malicious email.  When you become rational or less emotional, then send them a message, phone them or speak to them face to face.  Don't let hate consume you or it will destroy you eventually!

  If you are the target, try to ignore the bully as best as you can.  Just as easily as they use the internet or cell phone to hurt you, you can ignore them by deleting any message they have or by just ignoring whatever webpage they use.

  For more info about cyber bullying please visit:  http://www.nossaonline.org/hgh/antibullyingprograms.html

2 comments:

  1. Greetings, Sir:

    I have been reading your blog lately. I am a 4'11" man named Lycere Cunningham and the subject of heightism is something that interests me as I am explicitly aware of its ramifications. So far I enjoy appreciate your blog, but I would like to give you a little food for thought about this particular entry.

    You describe cyberbullies and stalkers as "mentally unbalanced," "psychologically scarred," and "cowards." I take issue with that because I am a stalker of sorts. That's what I've been labeled, anyway. But in my case the behaviors I engaged in that got me labeled a stalker, were the only course of action I had at the time to fight back against some of the heightism I was experiencing. I guess what I'm trying to say is that even deeds that you want to label as unacceptable or anti-social, might really just be someone fighting against the same prejudices that you yourself would like to see come to an end.

    In a world where short men are discriminated against in the dating world (and I have an added issue here, in that I am a transgender male, so I not only have a stature that people reject, but also non-stand genitalia for my gender) in a world where my opportunities are quite limited, then, I believe it is the only reasonable course of action to become what the beneficiaries of my sexual attentions have deemed a "stalker," as I can't just wait around forever for consent, because it will never come. It's like in the play Les Miserables: Jean Valjean went to prison because he stole some bread - but he really had no choice but to steal that bread in the first place, since he was starving.

    Please think twice before you say such negative things about stalkers. Doing so, in and of itself, is another form of discrimination, just like heightism is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How else can I look at you? Should I kneel?

    ReplyDelete