Wednesday, August 5, 2015

No one notices that we're short...so it must be us!

This one never fails!  People will always point out that us short people are the ones who only know how short we are and no one cares. Just like that episode of Grey's Anatomy pointed out.   Right!

Is this why the previously mentioned Anne Coulter notices how short Rand Paul and Marco Rubio are.

When I watch an Eagle game and Darren Sproles is running the ball,  his height is usually brought up.

Whenever I watch a Houston Astro game, the announcers always have something to say about Jose Altuve's height (but I guess they don't notice right?...lol).  I can recall watching a game when they were playing the Royals a couple of weeks ago and Altuve was standing on first base.  The announcers were talking about how he led the league in steals, last year he had a batting title and also discussed how he was told he was too small to play (even though he has been on the All Star team three times in four years) and was cut by a baseball team in Venezuela only to return and try out again and did quite well.  Of course, they said he had a chip on his shoulder....why?  Because he is successful?  Jose Altuve stands 5'6".   Of course they notice his height.

Isn't physical appearance the first thing people notice about someone?  So, how in the world do people not notice short stature?

Trust ne, us shorter fellows try not to think about it, until someone points it out to us and it is usually not in a praising tone.

I have had plenty of experiences, as I am sure we all have  of people pointing out our heights. One of my former bosses told me twice that "you shorter people sure have personalities"...yea... she didn't notice I was short...lol.  Another told me that I was a little guy and she thought I was incapable, guess she didn't notice my stature either?  A man I didn't even know called me a midget in Vegas back in 1997 and that he hated people like me but I guess I imagined that too.  My small stature was  noted in the Orange County Register back in 1985 when I was standing next to two of my teammates on my high school football team but I guess the sportswriter didn't notice either.

So, I am sorry but people do notice our short stature and have no problem reminding us of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment